麦克雷

标题: 默尔索章节及其所背负罪孽的设想 [打印本页]

作者: 魏盈1216    时间: 2024-7-22 14:27
标题: 默尔索章节及其所背负罪孽的设想
Theory on Meursault's Canto and 'sin'
默尔索诗篇与“罪”的理论
on redit
by SteamDownload
So I know it will be a LONG while before we get to his character arc but I just wanted to get this off my mind as it has been lingering for a while. If you just want to read the theory, go below COOKING TIME.
所以我知道我们还需要很长一段时间才能了解他的角色弧线,但我只是想把它从我的脑海中抹去,因为它已经萦绕了一段时间。如果您只想阅读理论,请阅读“烹饪时间”下方的内容。
So to start off with a disclaimer, like any other PM fan, my reading comprehension skill is -45, so I may be missing some information on the PMverse.
首先声明一下,像其他 PM 粉丝一样,我的阅读理解能力是 -45,所以我可能会错过一些关于 PMverse 的信息。
Aside from that, let's begin. Now I'm not sure if it was just me, but until Canto 3, I legit forgot he existed among the sinners. In fact, up until that point, I had trouble differentiating him and Yi Sang as background props. Fast forward to now, and I think I have a better understanding of them. Yi Sang just stood in the background and let things unfold because he just didn't care anymore/ depressed, while Meursault did so because no one asked for his input. He isn't depressed or detached from reality (unless we're talking about emotions), my guy is the literal definition of 'Speak only when spoken to.'
除此之外,让我们开始吧。现在我不确定是不是只有我一个人这么想,但直到第三章,我才真正忘记了他存在于罪人之中。事实上,直到那时,我都很难区分他和伊桑作为背景道具。快进到现在,我想我对它们有了更好的理解。伊桑只是站在幕后,让事情自然发展,因为他不再关心/沮丧,而默尔索这样做是因为没有人征求他的意见。他并不沮丧或脱离现实(除非我们谈论的是情感),我的家伙就是“只在与人交谈时说话”的字面定义。
What's also apparent is that Meursault is pretty fucking smart. Not genius or prodigy levels like Faust or Yi Sang, but I'm certain he would be among the few sinners to score fairly high on an academic test. The only piece of evidence I have to back up my point is his cooking skills during Hell's Kitchen. He was the last person I expected to not only cook a decent meal but also have the chef mark it as 'acceptable but lacking soul'.
同样明显的是,默尔索非常聪明。虽然他不是像浮士德或伊桑那样的天才或神童,但我确信他会是少数几个在学术测试中得分相当高的罪人之一。我支持我观点的唯一证据就是他在地狱厨房期间的烹饪技巧。我最不希望他不仅能煮出一顿像样的饭菜,而且还能让厨师将其标记为“可以接受,但缺乏灵魂”。
In other words, it was as if he followed the instructions of a recipe down to the EXACT weight/ volume of the ingredients without any deviation. Similarly, it would be as if a teacher giving his student a complete list of topics to study for if he wanted to pass his exams.
换句话说,就好像他遵循食谱的说明,精确到成分的精确重量/体积,没有任何偏差。同样,就好像老师给他的学生提供了一份完整的学习主题列表,如果他想通过考试的话。
COOKING TIME PEOPLE 烹饪时间人
We know from Canto 3 that Meursault was employed at N Corp. Whether he grew up in said district, I'm unsure. But aside from the whole racist-prosthetic cult-thing they got there, from what I could gather online, N-Corp really emphasizes the value of human experiences and have a whole list of Taboos to enforce the purity of them. Another detail I found from the Steam Community page "The World of Ruina (i.e City Lore)", is that District 14, owned by N-corp, places high importance on academic success.
我们从 Canto 3 得知默尔索受雇于 N Corp。我不确定他是否在该地区长大。但除了他们在那里的整个种族主义假肢邪教之外,从我在网上收集到的信息来看,N-Corp 确实强调人类经验的价值,并制定了一整套禁忌来加强它们的纯洁性。我从 Steam 社区页面“The World of Ruina(即 City Lore)”中发现的另一个细节是,N-corp 旗下的第 14 区非常重视学业成功。
I theorize that Meursault either grew up in this district or had the opportunity to attend a prestigious school there. If we package everything we know about N-Corp so far, it's possible he grew up with being told details such as, "Study all of this if you want to be successful as a human, never think outside the box, your worth as a human is based on your competence, do as I say not as I do...
我推测默尔索要么在这个地区长大,要么有机会在那里的一所名校上学。如果我们将迄今为止所了解的有关 N-Corp 的所有信息打包起来,他可能在长大过程中被告知这样的细节:“如果你想成为一个成功的人,就研究所有这些,永远不要跳出框框思考,你作为一个人的价值人是基于你的能力,照我说的做,而不是照我做的...
Can you imagine growing up in an environment where everything was white and constantly being told what you SHOULD do, and never what you WANT to do? Don't THINK about what I said, just DO what I said? This is some 1984 dystopian shit right there. No wonder my dude is emotionally repressed. Hell, he's probably jacked af because he was told that working out was the 'ideal human experience' or it was the 'most logical thing to do if you wanted to survive in the City.'
你能想象在一个一切都是白色的环境中长大,并且不断被告知你应该做什么,而不是你想要做什么吗?不要考虑我说的话,只做我说的?这就是 1984 年的反乌托邦故事。难怪我的家伙情绪压抑。天哪,他可能被骗了,因为有人告诉他,锻炼是“理想的人类体验”,或者是“如果你想在城市生存,锻炼是最合乎逻辑的事情”。
I think he was on the verge of mentally snapping but was wasn't even aware of it, so it instead manifested as some feeling of unexplainable unease to him.
我认为他已经处于精神崩溃的边缘,但他自己却没有意识到,所以反而表现为一种无法解释的不安感。
And now we come to his 'Sin.' "Killing a man because the sun got into his eye." What I'm going to say next isn't going to be original. In fact, I'm definitely beating on a dead horse as it's probably common knowledge at this point. But for the very few that are unaware, our resident fister likely 'killed' someone important during the events of White Nights and Dark Days. But here's the thing. Instead of "murdering" - an act of taboo in our world - he probably broke one of N-Corp's Taboos which led to his exile.
现在我们来谈谈他的“罪”。 “因为阳光进入了一个人的眼睛而杀死了他。”我接下来要说的并不是原创。事实上,我肯定是在打死马,因为这可能是常识。但对于极少数人来说,我们的常驻拳头很可能在白夜和黑暗日子事件中“杀死”了某个重要人物。但事情是这样的。他没有犯“谋杀”——这是我们世界的禁忌行为——而是可能违反了 N 集团的一项禁忌,从而导致了他的流放。
It probably went along the lines of Carmen convincing him to act on his emotions for once and do something that he WANTED to do. I don't think he underwent distortion, but he definitely went from 0 to 11 after being metaphorically 'chained up' for that long.
这可能与卡门说服他一次按照自己的情绪行事并做他想做的事情一样。我不认为他经历了扭曲,但在被隐喻性地“束缚”了这么长时间之后,他确实从 0 变成了 11。
So I think that's where his trauma lies: his delusion of acting on his wants is what led to his punishment and that he should only act on the expectations of others only if he wants to 'succeed.'
所以我认为这就是他的创伤所在:他对按照自己的愿望行事的错觉导致了他的惩罚,只有当他想“成功”时,他才应该按照别人的期望行事。
I guess the theme of his Canto is that it's okay to have wants and desires, and that there's no such thing as this singular path to follow for success.
我猜他的章节的主题是,有欲望和愿望是可以的,并且没有一条唯一的成功之路可以遵循。
(I will actually break down if his end credit scene shows him laughing.)
(如果他的片尾场景让他笑,我真的会崩溃。)

欢迎光临 麦克雷 (https://mavom.cn/) Powered by Discuz! X3.5